WHITE SAUCE – DAIRY FREE & GLUTEN FREE
25g dairy free margarine
25g Doves Farm gluten free white bread flour
300ml unsweetened soya drink
salt & pepper
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan, stir in the flour.
- Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the milk using a balloon whisk.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook for 3 mins stirring frequently.
- Season to taste.
GLUTEN FREE BREAD
450g Doves Farm gluten free white bread flour
½ tsp salt
2tsp quick yeast
325ml warm milk
- Sieve together the flour, salt, yeast and sugar.
- In a large bowl beat together the milk, vinegar and eggs.
- Add the flour mix into the milk to form a sticky dough.
- Continue mixing adding the oil.
- Place the dough in an oiled 1kg/2lb bread tin, cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 40-45 minutes.
GLUTEN FREE MUFFINS
275g Doves Farm gluten free white bread flour
4tsp gluten free baking powder
½ tsp salt
75ml cooking oil
150g dried fruit
- Sift dry ingredients, add dried fruit.
- In a measuring jug lightly beat eggs and oil, mix in milk.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined and still lumpy.
- Put back into jug and pour mixture into muffin cases.
- Makes 12.
- Bake at 190°C for 15-20 minutes.
GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE
170g dark muscovado sugar
50g cocoa powder
100ml boiling water
3 medium eggs
150g brown rice flour
2 heaped tsp gluten free baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix cocoa with boiling water to make a paste.
- Beat cocoa mix into mixture, then slowly beat in the eggs each accompanied by a spoonful of flour.
- Mix the remainder of flour with the baking powder and fold in.
- Pour into a well greased 15/20cm round cake tin with a removable bottom and bake for 30- 40 minutes or until firm to touch and a skewer comes out clean from the middle.
- Cool slightly, then turn onto a rack.